In the past, when it came to space conditioning and domestic water heating, the design equation tended to be rather predictable. Architects and other professionals were expected to generate designs incorporating the most available and least expensive forms of energy at the lowest capital cost.
However, the construction landscape has changed. “Sustainability” and “Efficiency” have emerged as vital components of contemporary design. Given energy costs, the quickly diminishing reserves of fossil fuels, and the concerns over the impact of releasing greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, individuals, communities, and nations are looking for responsible ways to be “Green”.
As the backbone of DEC for the last 30 years, the Building Systems team has committed itself to providing efficient, cost effective, and environmentally responsible systems, tailored to the needs of the client and the communities in which they live and work.
Our Building Systems team is led by Jim White, AScT and C.L. (Chi Lun) Tsang.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems design;
- Radiant and Hot Water heating systems;
- Plumbing system design;
- Fire protection design including hydraulically designed sprinkler systems;
- Conceptual designs and on-site supervision
- Assessments and condition reports for existing mechanical and plumbing systems