Active involvement in the professional associations and governing bodies of the industry, ensure staff are kept current on the issues of the day and the changing landscape of the building industry. Currently, our staff are involved at both the board and society levels of:
- American Society of Heating Refrigerations and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE);
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers;
- Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada;
- Association of Professional Engineers and GeoScientists of British Columbia (APEGBC);
- Green Building Council of Canada (CAGBC);
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers;
- QUEST Canada (Quality Urban Energy Systems of Tomorrow);
DEC is a proud member of the New Westminster and Lower Mainland community. Moreover, we believe that our success is built upon the personal satisfaction and engagement of our staff. DEC has always been considered a “family” business; however, the true meaning behind “family” is that every person connected to DEC is treated like a member a very large extended family.
Building a strong family requires dedication to mutual respect and support. Our staff are encouraged and enabled to leverage their expertise with challenging project roles, and continually expand their abilities through continued education and enhanced training.
For us, “family” goes beyond our staff and into the communities in which we live and work. As a corporate family, DEC financially and materially supports many important and integral causes within our community and around the world.